What was founded in 1957 as a small farm cooperative has 200 active members today. Situated on the left bank of the Tanaro river between Asti and Alba, Govone has a glorious history, as shown by the eighteen-century Savoy residence that dominates the view. Its position, the meeting point for the prestigious wine zones of Langhe, Roero and Montferrato, made Govone a village well-suited for wine production, in particular for special Barbera d’Alba DOC. The company cultivates 120 hectares of vineyards and vinifies the grapes that are produced into prestigious Piedmontese wines: the
Barbera that is the flagship of the company.